Benefits of sunflower oil: is it good for your health?
Most of us know sunflower oil as the refined vegetable oil that we use to fry our poor! However, few of us would have delved into the many reasons why sunflower oil is a better choice than other cooking media. Well, the point is, sunflower oil offers a variety of health benefits that support the heart and work wonders for the skin and hair. Here are all the reasons why you should incorporate sunflower oil into your diet and beauty regimen.
It is safe to cook and use in salads, although it is best to eat in moderation as the oils are still fatty and therefore high in calories, he adds. I would recommend using a variety of oils in your diet to maximize the health benefits of each oil.
At the supermarket, you can find three different varieties of sunflower oil: organic, cold-pressed, high-oleic sunflower oil. The latter has been modified to be richer in oleic acid, which increases the content of monounsaturated fats.
Promotes heart health
Sunflower oil contains phytochemicals like choline and phenolic acid, which studies have shown are beneficial for the heart. Plus, it’s naturally trans fat-free, which is associated with an increased risk of developing heart disease.
Sunflower oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which provide the body with a good source of fuel.
Research shows that including sunflower oil in the diet can effectively lower our total cholesterol levels, as well as the build-up of “bad” low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
Strengthens the immune system
The antioxidant properties of sunflower oil strengthen cell membranes, which prevent bacteria and viruses from entering the body. In addition, it increases our ability to fight infections.
Because sunflower oil is extremely light, it is absorbed better through the digestive tract than many other oils. It also acts as a mild laxative, which can help fight constipation.
Repair the body
Sunflower oil contains proteins that help build and repair tissues and enzymes necessary for the body’s systems to function properly.
There are several benefits to using sunflower oil for the skin, let’s discuss them all one by one.
- The first and most important benefit for the skin is that it helps to hydrate it. This moisturizing effect is due only to the vitamin E it contains. With its help, your skin stays hydrated for a long time.
- Sunflower oil helps in getting rid of acne, so if you have acne on your face, with the use of sunflower oil, you can easily fight this problem.
- Nowadays, appearance is what matters most, so with the use of sunflower oil, you get healthy skin, which automatically looks beautiful.
- Sunflower oil also helps stop the aging process, so with the help of this oil you will look younger and the aging process will slow down.
- Every day, many cells in our skin and our bodies are destroyed. So, with the help of sunflower oil, the process of creating new skin cells is improved.
Read also: How to get rid of hair loss
For hair care
There are many hair benefits of sunflower oil, let’s discuss them all.
- The primary hair benefits of sunflower oil are that it helps improve scalp health. Scalp health is important because better scalp health will decide the future of the health of your hair.
- The next most important benefit that we get from using sunflower oil is that it increases hair growth with the help of the nutrients it contains.
- Sunflower oil also helps make hair smoother and provides more shine. This is done with the help of the moisturizing agent present in sunflower oil.